Friday 18 October 2013

Influences and Intentions - Jamie Ellis, Candidate number 9150

Through researching the “Marked” documentary series, some of their camera and editing techniques really struck me as a great way to really show off the tattoos. Their intricate details, the bright colours it’s a great way to show them off. They use an editing technique whereby they take the image of the tattoo, delete the rest of the image leaving only the tattoo remaining against a background. Unfortunately I’m un-sure whether or not we can do something like this, but we can perform a camera trick to perform a similar effect. If I zoom in whilst moving the camera backwards, the tattoo will become the centre of focus and attention and will really show off the beauty of the tattoo.


Another influence for me is that I come from a sub-culture and I can sympathize and empathize with people who are criticised for looking a different way. So, I’m really looking forward to making this documentary and shedding some light on the world of tattoo’s and revealing them to be more than just ink and tearing down the stereotypes and negative views upon them.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment