Monday 9 September 2013

Brief and the groups initial responses to brief

Brief 7-Documentary. An extract from an original documentary TV programme, lasting approximately 5 minutes, together with two ancillary tasks: a DPS from a listings magazine focused on the documentary and a newspaper advertisement for the documentary.

Kim-I was first drawn towards making a documentary as I believe it would be interesting and educational for me to create as well a for the audience. I also thought nearly anything could be a topic for a documentary.

Kate (9204) - I thought the idea of doing a documentary would be interesting. My initial thoughts about a topic were to do strong beliefs or stereotyping perhaps about strict ways of living or religion. We then came up with the idea of opinions on tattoo's. We thought about asking people there different opinions on whether tattoo's are likeable or whether people do not like them. are tattoo's ruining your body or are they art and meaningful?

Jamie 9150 - I felt myself being more drawn towards the idea of a documentary, because they've always appealed to me. I find them interesting, deep, meaningful and can shed light on some controversial topics to show the truth of the matter. So when I heard the possibility of doing a documentary, I was very pleased. In my mind, ideas for the documentary came racing through. Originally i was thinking of doing a documentary on a local service, like the police, or staff at some local schools or colleges to compare them. However, when I joined with Kate and Kim, they had the idea of doing a documentary on tattoos. At first, I was a bit skeptical of the idea, I was wondering how we'd structure it, what exactly the documentary would feature. However as time grew on, and the more we brainstormed ideas, it soon became a great subject for the documentary in my eyes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment